You have a big family birthday coming up and want to impress not only your relatives but also your friends with a fabulous food fulled event
At first you think you will cook the food & make all the arrangements yourself but, as the guest list grows and your confidence plummets you decide to use a caterer – you can always pass it off as your own-.
Now, the question is what sort of caterer do you need? Do you want the whole event catered for or are you going to cook some foods yourself? Are you looking for hot & cold food, a buffet or a sit down meal? Do your guests have any dietary requirements? the list can be endless.
Once you have decided on your requirements you can now set about the task of finding the people to Cater for your every need. Below I will guide you through a list of requirements that I consider will help you find your ideal caterer:
- Do they hold a current food hygiene certificate.
- Are they registered as a food business with their local authority and what is their hygiene rating.
- Are they experienced in the style of catering you wish to provide and do they have testimonials they can show you.
- Will they provide you with a selection of menus with the allergens & dietary components of each food.
- Are all their foods homemade & freshly cooked or are some shop bought & reheated.
- Are serving plates, cutlery, napkins etc provided and included in the price per head.
- Will the food be delivered & arranged at your venue.
- Do they provide waiting staff, included in the price.
- How much notice and what deposit do they require.
- How quick are they in answering your questions via, e-mail, phone etc
And finally are they calm, efficient, well presented and instil you with confidence.
If your chosen food provider can answer the above questions to your satisfaction you are well on the way to finding your ideal company to ” Cater for your every need”